The annual three-in-one NT Resources Week is being billed as “the one not to miss” as the Northern Territory prepares for what industry experts describe as “enormous” development.
SEAAOC, Northern Australia’s largest and longest established gas conference, will be staged alongside Mining the Territory and the Environmental Management and Decarbonisation Forum at the Darwin Convention Centre from 24-25 August.
The Territory Government-sponsored event is being organised by conference, exhibition and training company Informa.
Potential development in the Territory has attracted the attention of industry players ranging from global giants, such as INPEX, which plans to build another production train at the Bladin Point LNG complex on the outskirts of Darwin, to boutique explorers.
Exciting projects include:
• The Territory Government’s green manufacturing hub, the Middle Arm Industrial Precinct, which is being given a $1.5 billion capital injection from the Federal Government
• $400 million allocated to establishing three new logistics hubs in Katherine, Tennant Creek, and Alice Springs
• Core Lithium opening a mine near Darwin
LNG prices experiencing record highs given global supply issues and soaring demand, setting the scene for further expansion of production in the NT
• Onshore gas projects in the NT continue to be developed providing exciting economic growth and infrastructure investment potential for the wider Katherine and Barkly regions.
• Record prices for fertiliser with surging global demand placing the opportunity front and centre to develop Northern Australia’s phosphate and potash deposits
• Darwin is vying to be one of Australia’s hydrogen hubs – numerous hydrogen projects are proposed for the Territory, including the partnership between Aqua Aerem and Osaka Gas to develop the Desert Bloom project near Tennant Creek.
• Sun Cable’s Australia-Asia Power link – exporting solar power from Tennant Creek to international export markets.
SEAAOC speakers include Duncan Lockhart of Central Petroleum, Janet Hann of Neptune Energy, Sean Thomas of Crowley Australia and Art Malone of Peak Helium.
Mining the Territory speakers include Matt O’Neill of McArthur River Mining, Chris Tziolis of Verdant Minerals, Gavin Lockyer of Arafura Resources, Rob Bills of Emmerson Resources, Paul Burton of TNG and Brent Murdoch of Vista Gold..
Environmental Management and Decarbonisation Forum speakers include Andrew Barton of Sun Cable, Maia Schweizer of Fortescue Future Industries, Michael Robinson of Arafura Resources and Gerard Reiter of Aqua Aerem.
For more information about NT Resources Week, visit ntresourcesweek.com.au